When I first received my Doterra Essential oils I was very excited! My order arrived in the mail and I couldn’t wait to open it and then I realized I didn’t know what to do with them.
I knew you could diffuse essential oils, and apply some of them to your feet or other areas but I didn’t have a a diffuser, roller bottles, spray bottles, or a carrier oil so my oils sat for some time before I began to use them.
Then I started asking questions and calling those that I knew used essential oils and here is what I found out.
Helpful tips for getting started with your essential oils!
- Purchase a carrier oil. A common carrier oil is fractionated coconut oil which is light and absorbs quickly into the skin. It can be used to dilute your essential oils in and help carry them into your skin. (for more info on diluting you oils read this post.
- Learn the difference between hot oils, oils that can go on NEAT, and those that you may want to diffuse.
- Do not mix your oils in plastic spray bottles or containers as the oil can break down the plastic over time and it’s just not healthy.
- Purchase some glass roller bottles or spray bottles that you can mix your essential oils and carrier oil in.
- A little oil goes a long way! Essential oils are highly concentrated and you really don’t need to use a lot of an oil in order to see the benefits of it’s use.
- Read the labels on your bottles. They should give you more information about how to use them. I know that DoTerra’s oils do have information on the bottles.
- Purchase a diffuser. I simply love diffsuing essential oils at home and use then during our school day to help all of us stay alert and focused. You can check out this diffuser which I purchased from Amazon, I have also ordered a diffuser from DoTerra but I chose not to.
Do you already use essential oils? I would love to hear from you below in the comments about your favorite go to oils and what you use them for! If you would like more information on Doterra or how you can purchase your oils at a discount please feel free to contact me or comment below.